When my little Jack is in trouble, all I have to do is look at him and he begins to cry. He is heartbroken if I am angry with him and devastated if the crime warrants a spanking. Sometimes, since he can't sit still, I will hold him in my lap and not look at him for a time out. He doesn't like not being able to play and so it does work for him. Then I turn him around to face me and remind him of why he was in time out and his eyes drop and we hug. I always make sure to hug him after he is in trouble because "little bit" needs to be reminded that he is loved.
My prayers for Jack is that he would be able to use his outgoing personality to reach people for Christ. That he would always be sensitive to people's needs when they open up to him. I pray that he will desire to walk the straight and narrow while continuing to be larger than life. And that God would press on his heart the dire need for unselfish servants in this world. I pray that he would be filled with the knowledge of who he is in Christ and that when things come naturally or easy for him that he would act with humility. I desire for him to jump without hesitation when the Lord says, "go." That he will always feel loved by us, but will know there is One who loves him more.
He is my precious little man, and I love him.
Oh wow! You are so good at painting pictures with words. I feel like I know him now. What a wonderful, special prayer for him. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love my hugs from sweet Jack Jack! I'm so glad that Parker will have him for a friend. You and Jake in to arranged marriages?
ReplyDeleteI love reading the comments you make about your children:))
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this kind of stuff. I miss you guys, and its great to get little peeks into Rush life through your writings. Hope to see the whole crew soon...
ReplyDeleteHe's my favorite
ReplyDeleteThese are great Cris! Great descriptions of you wondeful children! Little Jack does have a heart of gold and its very hard to not just smile big when you see him!
ReplyDeleteActually, we are currently taking bids for Jack's arranged marriage....
ReplyDeleteI want to be one of your kids! These are wonderful, Cris!
ReplyDelete